Olen brittiläinen mies ja haluaisin neuvoja kiitos

Olen brittiläinen mies ja haluaisin neuvoja kiitos

Käyttäjä DigitalMunkey aloittanut aikaan 15.10.2010 klo 12:59 kohteessa Aikuisen elämää
Käyttäjä DigitalMunkey kirjoittanut 15.10.2010 klo 12:59

Hei kaikille, olen 43 vuotta vanha brittiläinen mies.

Olen asunut ja työskennellyt täällä jo yli vuosikymmenen ajan. Olen työskennellyt syntyperäinen opettaja Englanti 6 vuotta. Ennen tätä freelancerina 5 vuotta. Loppupuolella aloin tutkii palaavat yliopiston päivittää BSC MSC ja tarjosi ulkomailla. Sekä vaimoni ja minä olimme innoissaan ajatuksesta aloittaa uudelleen uudessa ympäristössä. Kaikki järjestelyt tehtiin ja sitten lääkärit diagnosoivat voimollani parantumaton, heikentävä sairaus (MS tauti). Se on edelleen ensisijainen vaimoni viettää elämänsä täällä lähellä hänen perhe / ystävät.

Voitte kuvitella henkistä sopeutumista tarvitaan ja työpanosta tulee toimeen, ja sen painopiste saatuaan uutinen, että luontoa. No, tässä on kysymys. Milloin tahansa vaimoni työelämä saattaa tulla täysin pysähtynyt, jättäen minut yksin perheen elättäjä. Tämä on paine, joka ajaa minua sananlaskun reunaan, koska minulla on ollut turvautua freelance-työn, joka on satunnaista parhaimmillaan ja täysin epäluotettavia pahimmillaan. Kesäisin on kuiva opetuksen näkökulmasta.

Joten jotta turvallisuuden kotiin olisi pahin tapahtuu, minun pitää ottaa uudelleen minun vaihtoehtoja. Olen tutkinto luonnontieteissä, mutta ei työkokemusta. Olen yli kymmenen vuoden kokemus opetus Englanti, mutta ei pätevyyttä. Olen suorittanut Yleiseen kielitutkinto on välitaso, joten puhun suomea jonkin verran. Tunnen epävarma siitä, mitä tehdä saadakseen koko ajan pysyvä kanta. Olen hakenut satoja työpaikkoja, mutta kukaan ei vedonnut minun sovelluksia. Olen hakenut kaikenlaista työtä, varastosta työstä, nuorisotyöntekijä jne.

Mitä luulet minun pitäisi tehdä?

ps, google auttoi minua kääntämään tämän viestin, sorry!

Hello everyone, I am a 43 year old British man.

I have lived and worked here for over a decade. I worked as a native teacher of English 6 years. Prior to that as a freelancer for 5 years. Toward the end of my contract I began looking into returning to University to upgrade from Bsc to Msc and was offered a place abroad. Both my wife and I were thrilled at the thought of starting afresh in a new environment. All arrangements were made and then the doctors diagnosed my wife with an incurable, debilitating illness (MS tauti). It remains a priority for my wife to spend her life here in close proximity to her family/friends.

You can imagine the psychological adjustment required and effort involved in coming to terms with, and refocusing after getting news of that nature. Well, here’s the issue. At any moment my wife’s working life may come to a complete stop, leaving me as the sole breadwinner. This is a pressure which is driving me to the proverbial edge because I have had to fall back on the freelance work which is sporadic at best and completely unreliable at worst. The summer months are dry from a teaching perspective.

So in order to provide security for the home should the worst happen, I am having to reconsider my options. I have a degree in the environmental sciences, but no work experience. I have over a decade of experience of teaching English but no qualification. I have completed the Yleiseen kielitutkinto at intermediate level, so I speak the Finnish to some degree. I feel unsure as to what to do in order to secure a full time permanent position. I have applied for hundreds of jobs but no one relies to my applications. I have applied for all kinds of work, from warehouse work, youth worker etc.

What do you think I should do?

ps, google helped me translate this message, sorry!

Käyttäjä KataX kirjoittanut 15.10.2010 klo 16:13

Hi!

Im really sorry about your wifes diagnose. It seems that u are kind of stuck. U cant move because apperently your wifes family lives here, but u cant find a job.
What about english kindergardens, clubs or something like that?

'cause u really are the only breadwinner and if u cant find a job in Finland, is staying here really an option. Of course I understand that being near the family would be really great for your wife but economically it could impossible.

This has to be unbelievably hard decicion for you, but if your wife can have medical treatmen also somewhere else, i think that the rationally option would be moving and accepting that job. But as i said, that would be the rationally option. But i dont no what would be the right one.

Im really sorry for my rubbish english!

Hope u have streght to make a right decicion, what ever it is.

Käyttäjä topcat kirjoittanut 21.10.2010 klo 23:32

I'm sorry about your wife. I understand the hardship of finding a job in Finland as a foreginer - my wife is American and trying to adjust to her first real winter, going through Finnish courses and wondering if she'll ever get a job.

I don't have much advice for you, other than look into companies offering English language training for business people. They require no Finnish competency, and based on what I've seen in corporate world, a pretty laid back job giving English conversation 'lessons' to businessmen entirely in English.

As far as your wife, I wish her all the best. Maybe in the future if you're able to secure a good job somewhere other than Finland, she'll be willing to follow you. I wish you both the best, feel free to contact me though tukinet if you want to.